After-Action Report: Dead Man Stomp

The Conclusion of the "Zone Rouge" Mini-Campaign Went Pretty Well

Just a quick update: I was finally able to run the conclusion of Zone Rouge! My Investigators finally caught up with the villainous Rudolf von Sebottendorf and his cadre of followers in Paris. Along the way, the encountered the cursed jazzman, trumpeter Leroy Turner, who lived in the close-knit African-American expat community in Montmarte. 

There were some very tense scenes in this scenario, and it was awesome! Some highlights: 

  • The Investigators getting a glimpse of how complex the web of 1920's occult secret societies actually is. At some point we drew a diagram.
  • Dr. Percy Fawcett, adventurer and intelligence agent, handing his gun to a barely-stable Leroy Turner in exchange for being allowed to look at the man's silver trumpet.
  • Confronting von Sebottendorf and a kidnapped Turner in an underground chapel to the martyrs of Paris, with only one way out. On top of that, the knowledge that a blast from that trumpet would bring dead saints climbing out of the walls.
  • A John Woo-style standoff in that chapel, which... could have gone worse, I suppose. von Sebottendorf ended up with his head dissolving in a cloud of red mist, and Percy Fawcett's life came down to a 60% chance on a dice roll. 
I think it's safe to say I've gotten over my reluctance towards endangering the Investigators. 

I still want to improve my descriptions of scenes, so I'll keep working on that. 

In two weeks, we head to London, to start out on the marquee campaign: Horror on the Orient Express! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fresh Madness!

7th Sea - Weird Encounters to Have at Sea: Boneflower Worms

World Ocean Day is June 8, 2022! In celebration of the oceans and the weird little monsters that live in it, all week I'll be sharing a ...