7th Sea is skipping a week - here's a little behind-the-scenes peek!

We didn't get to sail the 7 Seas this week...

It happens. We're all of us busy people, and so, so, tired, and trying to have a game on Friday nights is ever a perilous venture. But we will press on next week, perhaps on a different night, with better results I'm sure. 

In the meantime, here's what I've been doing for prep! 

I'm learning less is more when prepping for 7th Sea

I've got (depending on the week) 5 or 6 Heroes in this game, they each have their own Hero Stories to pursue, I have *my* GM Story to pursue, and... it's a lot. So I have prepped exactly, and only, the following, and anything else will need to be made up on the spot - which, fortunately, is easy to do in 7th Sea:

  • The identity of the Inquisitor they're likely going to meet
  • A description of the sailor's inn they're likely to visit when they reach Carleon (7th Sea's stand-in for London)
  • A couple of events and leads that will give some of the Heroes a way to start their Hero Stories
  • A description of the Explorer's Society Chapter House in Carleon that will kick off the GM story
Beyond that? Not much. In the background, now, I've been working out some ideas of what the central quest, the McGuffin, will look like. Without giving spoilers, I've planned out a grand, continent-crossing adventure that unites several of the themes the Players had indicated interest in: Syrneth artifacts, runes, treasure-hunting, and a sense of cooperation and teamwork. 

More to come!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog post, your blog post having lots of information about 7 seas and 5 oceans iof the world. I read some other blog posts but your content is fully informative. I appreciate your work keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Madness!

7th Sea - Weird Encounters to Have at Sea: Boneflower Worms

World Ocean Day is June 8, 2022! In celebration of the oceans and the weird little monsters that live in it, all week I'll be sharing a ...